Total Pageviews

Friday 25 March 2016

A Good Skin Care Routine Is Essential

This week I am advising on skin care.  For years I've realised that I've been using the wrong products, packed with chemicals and parabens.  After visiting many clinics, I now know to choose products with natural and organic ingredients.


Firstly cleansing; wipes are bad, they just move the dirt and make up around without properly removing it.  Micellar Water with cotton pads are good for removing make up in my experience, but you need to follow this up with a facial wash and tepid water.   (Tepid and not hot water will not cause any damage to the skin).  Choose a fragrance and soap free cleansing foam which suits your skin type and rub gently.  Once rinsed thoroughly, follow wet cleansing with a few splashes of cold water to tone and close pores.  (I like to use Cuticura Skin +Balance Facial Wash.  I opt for Sensitive Skin Soothing Facial Wash with aloe vera and chamomile for day and night use.  I sometimes used Cuticura Skin + Balance Combination/Oily Skin Facial Wash with zinc and cucumber extract on an oily skin day.  Twice a week I use Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Active 3 in 1; wash, scrub and mask.  This product has triple mineral action and salicylic acid which melts away bacteria, dirt and sebum clogging pores.  It can be used as a quick wash and exfoliator as it contains pumice, or you can leave it on until it dries as a purifying mask as it contains white clay, before you rinse it off.


Once skin is clean and patted dry with a clean towel it's time to moisturise.  I do like snail saliva products as they contain amino acids and encourage cell turnover and renewal as well as collagen production.  There are two in particular that I like; Endocare Tensage and Mizon Black Snail cream (90% snail slime) along with the Mizon Black Snail eye serum.  I also tend to go for Dr Organic products from Holland and Barratt when my purse isn't particularly full.  I really like the Munuka Honey day cream containing vitamin C which is really good for healing damage.  It also contains a natural SPF Zinc Oxide.  You can also buy Zinc Oxide cream from chemists for extra protection and it's really good for repairing sun damage and ageing skin.  For night cream I particularly like Dr Organic Royal Jelly Cream, it's rich and nutritious for an overnight boost. Dr Organic do have Snail Slime creams and serums in the range.  I have been looking at Vitamin C creams on the market, I quite like Glow Boosting Vitamin C moisturising gel from the Body Shop and a really good high SPF containing vitamin C is Heliocare 360 SPF 50 if you have that sort of money to spend on creams.  I sometimes use organic coconut oil on my face overnight, if I'm washing my hair in the morning as it's naturally hydrating and nutritious.  It's also good to use as an eyelash and eyebrow conditioner and a lip balm.


Coming onto face masks.  These are a skin luxury you need to make time for.  I like the sachets of Dr Organic Snail Slime moisture mask from Holland and Barratt and they're very affordable.  I also got sent some masks sheets recently that I was impressed with from Timeless Truth http://www.beautifulpr.com/timeless-truth-pr01  There are some variations in this range.  The deep cleansing masks and relaxing masks such as the Charcoal Detox mask and Calming Multipeptide mask, the results are immediate, with just one use skin is left hydrated, plump and radiant.  The Bio-Cellulose range (the anti-ageing Bee Venom, Apple Stem Cell Collagen & Eye-Masks) deliver intense hydration in one single application - bio-cellulose is considered one of the purest materials on the market today, derived from coconut fibres, and able to hold 100X its weight in serum, penetrating the skin deeply hydrating it.  These masks can be kept in the fridge and used around 3-4 times before disposal.  I really like how they immediately took any puffiness away and the skin was visually plumper and soft to touch.  I also like to use Purederm Anti Wrinkle gel patches for under my eyes to take puffiness down, these are relatively inexpensive from Holland and Barratt.


I have learned a lot about skincare since going to clinics and have changed my skin routine drastically, binning all products containing nasty chemicals a parabens.  I have noticed a strong difference in my skin since doing this.  Hardly any break outs, significantly less white heads, less oiliness, (my skin was producing a lot of sebum to protect itself fro all the chemicals), softer, plumper and pinker skin with a noticeable softening of fine lines.  My skin feels clean and comfortable, whereas it used to feel quite irritated and greasy.  So it is definitely worth having an overhaul of your skincare routine and searching the ingredients of the products that you buy as you could be doing more harm than good.

As seen in local newspaper the Havering Post, on www.netmums.com and on www.hornchurchlife.co.uk

#Skincare #Moisturiser #Cleansing #NaturalProducts #NoParabens #DrOrganic #SPF #HaveringPost #Netmums #HornchurchLife #JustJenny #JennyEssex #BeautyBlogger #AestheticsWriter #HaveringPost #HornchurchLife #Netmums #JustJennyFromTheBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment