Total Pageviews

Friday 11 September 2015

It's all About Coconut Oil!

Well!  It seems that coconut oil is all the rage, so I gave it a go!  so far the results are good.  My skin is supple and my hair is glossy.

Firstly, this product can be used to rejuvenate from the inside out by consuming it.  You can buy virgin coconut oil from super markets and health stores to cook with, add to smoothies and even add to coffee.  If the taste is too overpowering for you, there are brands with a less potent flavour.  You can also get hold of coconut oil supplements from health stores and coconut water is also nutritious, along with coconut milk.  This will all help to give you more energy, supple skin, glossy hair and a more balanced nutrition.

Of course pure coconut oil can be used directly on skin and hair too.  I find it a fabulous moisturiser and like to use it a s a night cream, (I blot the excess residual oil before going to bed).  With hair, I wouldn't recommend on coloured hair.  Bleached hair can be very porous and coloured hair could be stripped of the colour.  On natural hair it can be applied half an hour or more before washing for a deep condition.  coconut oil can also be used on lips for balm and lashes and brows to encourage growth and ensure good condition.

Coconut oil can also be used to clean your teeth!  It's called "oil pulling and removes stains and bacteria without harm.  You need a teaspoon of coconut oil, (or maybe a little more).  Let it melt in you mouth and swish for 20 minutes or more.  Spit into the toilet, (not the sink as it will contain bacteria), then rinse with warm salt water and brush thoroughly as usual.  It's simple, effective and a good night routine before bed.

As coconut oil is all natural it can do no harm, just good and I highly recommended.

As seen in the Havering Post, www.hornchurchlife.co.uk and www.netmums.com

#CoconutOil #Skincare #JustJenny #JennyEssex #BeautyBlogger #AestheticsWriter #HaveringPost #HornchurchLife #Netmums #JustJennyFromTheBlog

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post, Jenny. I knew about the benefits of coconut oil for hair (though I was unaware that it was best avoided if hair is coloured), but I'd never heard of it's ability to clean teeth. As a smoker who drinks copious amounts of tea/coffee I might have to put it to the test... if I can stand it in my mouth for 20 min :)

    ReplyDelete