You no longer have to make do with a free or cheap website with templates that look the same as everyone else's, or pay out megabucks for a professionally designed website that you subsequently can't update yourself and costs the earth to pay someone to update every time you want to change some wording or add a new photo!
Salon Alchemy gives you the unbeatable combination of a bespoke website design tailored to you (using the graphic design skills of Verve Design who have an unparallelled reputation in the beauty industry for quality design at an affordable price), with a powerful, user-friendly web based system that makes it easy to update and maintain your website yourself.
Pricing is affordable too - Salon Alchemy pride themselves on being able to set up a fully featured, bespoke designed website for £165 (including VAT). There is then a low monthly charge of £12 per month (paid via PayPal) for hosting your site.
For just £165, you can get a website with the following pages:
- Home/welcome page - here, you can give a brief introduction to your business - e.g. where you are based, what treatments you offer, what brands you use, details of your qualifications, any additional info (e.g. cancellation policy, payment methods accepted), opening hours, Facebook and Twitter links, together with a gallery of photos (e.g. of your salon or your work) and product logos.
- Unlimited treatment pages! - using the latest upgrades to the Salon Alchemy system, you can now add as many treatment pages to your website as you need - for no extra charge! Treatment menus are easy to add - you can even split each page up into groups of treatments (e.g. a Waxing page might be split into separate sections for Facial Waxing, Body Waxing, Intimate Waxing, etc) - it's also easy to add descriptions for each treatment - and you can also add text for aftercare info, etc. To make your treatment pages more interesting, it's easy to upload images to each page, e.g. product logos, examples of your work, etc - and better still, any image you upload will automatically be resized to fit on the page and look neat. "Treatment" pages don't just have to be for treatments either - whether you want to add a new treatment menu page, or an "About Us" page or an "FAQ" page, you can still add as many pages as you like!
- Special Offers page - this page will only appear on your website when you want to run one or more special offers - which you can easily add using the Salon Alchemy system. When you add a special offer, you are given the option of entering a start date and end date for the special offer. You can tick a box if you want the special offer to show before the start date - so you can start advertising it on your website before the start date. But as soon as the end date for the special offer has passed, it will automatically disappear from your website - so you'll never risk forgetting to take down an out of date special offer! And if there are no special offers to show, then the special offers page won't even appear on your site - after all - what's the point of having a special offers page with no special offers on it?
- News/Blog page - this page will let you post news stories or run a blog on your website. It will only appear when you have added at least one news story or blog post. This page is ideal if you want to keep your clients up to date with new products and treatments on offer, or if you want to post details of useful beauty tips, for example.
- Gallery page - this is ideal for people like make-up artists and nail technicians who want a page on their website where they can show off their work to potential clients. The gallery page will only appear when you have uploaded at least one image to the gallery. It's also possible to set up a "copyright watermark" message which will be automatically added to each image in the gallery - to deter people from trying to copy images from your website and pass them off as their own work.
- Testimonials/Guestbook page - this page will let clients leave you testimonials/sign your guestbook. Clients can fill in a form with their testimonial or guestbook entry - which will be emailed to you, asking you to log in to Salon Alchemy to approve it before it will appear on your website. So if someone leaves you a derogatory testimonial or a spam message, you can delete it instead of approving it - and it will never appear on your website - not even for a second! If you don't want clients to be able to leave testimonials, you can disable this option and just add the testimonials yourself via the Salon Alchemy system.
- Links page - this page will let you add links to other websites - e.g. if you are a make-up artist offering wedding make-up, you could add links to sites that your clients would find interesting, e.g. wedding photographers, wedding cars, flowers, wedding venues, caterers, dress shops, etc. There's even a "Reciprocal Link Swapping" system - which makes it easy to swap links with other websites powered by the Salon Alchemy system - which can help with getting more hits to your website.
- Contact form - this is where clients can fill in a form with a message which is then emailed to you.
Of course Salon Alchemy are happy to work on larger and more complex sites too - they can even offer e-commerce sites with shopping carts - please get in touch for a quote and we hope that you will be pleasantly surprised by how much web site you can get for your money.
Although Salon Alchemy specialise in web design for people working in beauty, hair, nails, tanning, make-up and holistics, they are also happy to design websites for other types of clients too, and have completed sites for lots of other businesses too, including a maker of Celtic jewellery, an electrician, a DJ and a dance group - so we are sure to be able to create a website that is just right for you.